Property, setting and location:
Comfortable accommodation in a homely and friendly environment, Philip and Caroline give each guest individual attention and make your stay with them a memorable one.
Foresters is a recently modernised bungalow, standing in its own grounds of 1/3 acre and situated in a peaceful area of the village of Sandford, convenient for local amenities.
Situated at the gateway to the Isle of Purbeck with easy access from the A351, "Foresters" is an ideal base for visiting the numerous attractions of the area.
* Magnificent sandy beaches and breathtaking coastal scenery compliment the tranquil countryside and picturesque villages. Castles, coves, islands and spectacular coastline.
* Enjoy the fascinating history and heritage. Dorset is the land of Lawrence of Arabia and Thomas Hardy.
* World War II tank museum.
* Wimborne Minster, Salisbury Cathedral and stately homes such as Beaulieu with its National Motor Museum.
* The New Forest and the Purbeck Hills.
* Ride a steam train, play golf, fish, sail or take a boat trip.
* The cross channel ferry port of Poole is only 15 minutes drive away.
This is a very special area and has so much to interest visitors of all ages. Your hosts have a wide knowledge of the area and will be pleased to assist you in planning tours and excursions of your choice.
All rooms are in pristine condition, have fitted carpets, central heating, colour television and tea/coffee making facilities. Hand and bath towels are provided in all rooms free of charge.
A private bathroom shared by guests has bath with shower attachment and toilet.
The dining room overlooks the wildlife garden where woodpeckers, nuthatches, finches and many other varieties of birds and animals can be seen. You are very welcome to sit on the seats provided and relax in the garden on a summer's day.
Meals and other facilities:
Full English breakfast is always included in the basic tariff.
Picnic lunches are available - 4.00 GBP per head.
Vegetarian and other dietary requirements can be accommodated with prior notice.
Private off road parking.
Other details and house rules:
Sorry, smoking is not allowed.
Children over 5 years old are welcomed.
Open: All Year.
in pounds sterling per person per night including breakfast ($US approx):
Single Person in Single: 16.50
to 20.00 ($26 to $32)
A deposit of 10.00 GBP ($16)
per person is required to secure your reservation.
direct contact with hosts:
Philip and Caroline Harris
Foresters Bed and Breakfast
14 Keysworth Drive
Dorset BH20 7BD
Tel: +44 (0) 1929 556090
'Click-on' one these links to continue your search: